One of the reasons I taught myself how to cook is that whenever I find a dish I really love, I want to learn how to make it, so I can eat it any time I like. Thai Green Curry is a meal I can eat by the bucket. Naturally I was on the hunt for a great recipe and I found it. Of course I had to share it with you guys immediately!
What you’ll need:
- 1 to 1/2 pounds large shrimp, tails on
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or canola oil)
- 1/4 cup green curry paste
- 1 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 medium onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 package frozen sugar snap peas
- 14 oz coconut milk
- 1/4 basil leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
Heat the oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Cook curry paste, ginger, and lime zest until heated through, stirring, for 1 minute. Add onions and salt, stir and cook for another 3 minutes.
Add bell pepper and stir to combine.
Add chicken stock and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Add shrimp, coconut milk and snap peas, and bring to a simmer. Continue to simmer for 5 minutes. Be sure not to bring to a boil. Stir in basil and lime juice. Serve with white rice or Basmati rice.