So. I never heard of this drink! I came across it trying to find you something refreshing made with cognac, and it sounded so good (despite the weird name). I made it, I loved it, my friends loved it. It’s a little fancy, and that’s ok with me! Enjoy…
What you’ll need:
- 2 oz Hennessy (or quality cognac of your choice)
- 1/2 oz Cointreau (or triple sec if you don’t have any)
- 1/2 oz Maraschino liquor (recipe follows)
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup (more or less, you decide)
- 2 dashes of bitters
- 1 oz water
To make Maraschino liquor, add 1 1/2 oz vodka to 1/2 oz Maraschino cherry juice (from the jar), a good squeeze of lemon juice and a splash of simple syrup. Shake well and voilà!
Combine all ingredients, shake well in a Martini shaker. Pour into a Champagne flute. Garnish with a lemon peel on the top part of the glass.